Re: AIDC Downconverter Survey Results

Well anyone who can hear the noise floor would agree that a signal -10db  under the
beacon is loud... and if both stations hear that well then they are too loud
since they could both reduce power and still have a great qso...

No I didn't cringe at all at the box antenna it has the same gain as a BBQ dish...
so what's the difference?

hate to tell you this but sats are not H.F.... your limitation on H.F. only effects
....you...
when your on a sat and run more power than you need to you effect
... everyone...

I was on AO7 last night, had a great qso with K6CCC, it was possible because
everyone on AO7 last night tried to run as little power as possible since AO7 has no batteries anymore...
I guess if all I had was a 4 element yagi with no preamp for receive  it would be ok in your mind
for me to run just enough power to hear myself... of course I would start poor old AO7
fm'ing so bad that no one could use it... instead I rode the power control at the bottom
and used a 14 element cp yagi with a preamp... I didn't always have a preamp
and I had a hard time hearing others and was told to turn it down a couple times...
I learned the  lesson then... I got a preamp, and I'm considering adding polarity switching
to help with fades now...

I don't know why you continue to drag this out...
you yourself have acknowledged that a BBQ wont hear the noise floor...

The only reason I keep this going is that I don't want you or anyone else running around
saying a BBQ is all you need... forever....

it is  a great starter system so have fun... have qso's welcome aboard!!!

but your missing stuff,and you know that... but don't tell me or someone else its all you need
 and you don't need to upgrade someday...your just fooling yourself and others...

the really sad thing is with some wire and some screen you can improve a BBQ
by several db and it really doesn't make it much larger and costs next to nothing...
 add a homemade helix to it and get rid of fading...
add a preamp bought or built doesn't matter and maybe hear the noise floor....

Kevin
WA6FWF