Re: S0-50

On Thursday, February 20, 2003, at 03:00  PM, Ciemon Dunville wrote:

> Hi Malc,
>
> I have EXACTLY the same problem here.. I checked the tone is set
> correctly
> using a HT, but I still can't get in.

My experience with S0-50 is that you must key up and pause.  It seems
to take a 1-2 sec before you can hear your downlink.  So if you are
quickly keying up you probably will hear nothing. The receive on S0-50
seems to be very good, 5 watts into a eggbeater works for me.  Your
milage may vary.

73
Barry
VA3BJD