Re: AIDC Downconverter Survey Results

----- Original Message -----
From: "kevin schuchmann" <kschuchm@pacbell.net>
To: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AIDC Downconverter Survey Results

To inject my thoughts about this matter, I was the person with the single
helix/3733 combination.

With the sat at apogee and decent squint, I could turn my power all the way
down on the FT-847 ( 3W ) and still hear my CW signal above the noise.

I've got some great DX contacts and QSL cards at elevations below 10 degrees
and my antennas are 8 ft. off the ground.

This is a great satellite for antenna building. I always welcome new
stations that I hear for the first time. I'm glad they are on AO-40 because
it's not crowded.

Thank you
Mike
K9QHO