S0-50

Hi Guy's
I am at the stage of throwing my 847 out of the window :(
Can any kind person give me step by step(idiot proof!) help for setting the
FT847 up for SO-50 .This one has me beat!!
I can receive OK,but not able to transmit into the bird
I have set the tone to 67hz and can't see where I am going wrong
The display on the rig is in SAT MODE :-
                                   enc
436.800.000   rx-tx  145.850.000
     FM                         FM
The set up is exactly the same as AO27 except for the tone.I have tried it
as above and in TCK-NOR.Still no joy!!
The squelch is open to enable me to tune for downlink
Many thanks
Malc G7NFO
Malcolm.Hall2@ntlworld.com