AIDC Downconverter Survey Results

OK,

I've finally put together some rough numbers on my request a few weeks ago
from people using the TSI AIDC downconverters.  I had 21 responses
(including myself).

Downconverter Model:

3033    -  2
3037    -  1
3711    -  1
3731    -  5
3733    -  6
Unknown -  6

There seems to be a significant number of models out there.  I know not what
the differences in them seem to be.  Many of the "newer" models come factory
modified I guess.  Perhaps that's the reason for some of the numbers.  I'd
be curious if there's a reference somewhere as to what the different model
number variations are.

Modifications: 8 of the responders said that their d/c came modified.  The
rest either did the Murata filter mods or had someone else do them.  Some
did additional mods as well to either the power regulator or the very first
filter.

This is where I was curious.  I was wondering if there was anybody out there
using a completely unmodified d/c.  There is not from who responded.  The
nice thing is that all the newer ones are produced correctly at the factory.
That's cool and I did not know that when I first asked my questions.

Antennas:

BBQ:        - 6
Primestar   - 5
2'-3' Dish  - 4
BUDs        - 2
Helix Array - 3
Unknown     - 1

In terms of received signal strength, most people were somewhat happy with
their setups.  Obviously, the bigger dishes had stronger signal levels, but
no one reported any real problems with copy.  One person had originally used
a single helix but had upgraded to an array of 4.

I'm going to put together a spreadsheet with more information and can
provide it to anyone who wants.

73,

Jon
NA9D