Re: South facing Azimuth scale for 5400 rotator control

on 2/20/03 5:37 AM, John Wilcox / NS1Z at ns1z@gwi.net wrote:

> ???????????
>
> You did something wrong here. For a south centered scale all you are really
> doing is rotating the scale 180 degrees. The rotor still needs to rotate
> clockwise to increase azimuth etc.

You know something.  I must have swapped wires up on the tower.  I thought I
had the explanation figured out in my head because I was sure that 2 months
ago, I wired it correctly.  But now when you put it in the clockwise and
counterclockwise terms, what you say makes sense....

> Additionally, on the HyGain/CDE/MFJ units I would think you could get away
> with photo copying the scale and then cut it vertically at the 0/360 mark.
> If you swapped pieces you would have a south centered scale.

Yeah, that's another way to do it.  I didn't think about that.  But rather
photocopied the scale.  Use white-out to take out the numbers and letters,
copied that and then wrote in new numbers and letters.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden