Re: DSP noise reduction--now I'm confused

on 2/19/03 10:26 PM, Scott Townley at nx7u@arrl.net wrote:

> OK, you ClearSpeech owners:
> Does the thing not work on CW?  (Meaning, not of use to CW operators?)
> I notice from comments etc. that it "automatically" nulls out tones...
> Thanks

Yes, it works on CW.

The notch is somewhat adaptive.  Meaning, it takes a few seconds before it
starts knocking out the tone.  If you key up and stay keyed for more than a
couple of seconds, it will take it out.  CW though, is a short tone, but
multiple short tones.  No problem.  It ignores them.

73,

Jon
NA9D
Jon Ogden