Re: South facing Azimuth scale for 5400 rotator control

on 2/19/03 7:48 PM, Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE) at luclebla@sorel-tracy.qc.ca
wrote:

> At page 7 section VIII South centered meter scale conversion i read this: WE
> HAVE PROVIDED THE T2X
> WITH A REVERSIBLE METER SCALE and there was an 11 steps instructions to
> reverse back the meter
> scale and beleived what,  25 years after the elusive center south scale was
> still  there in a superb
> condition nobody can tell the difference from one side to the other.(re:color
> and look of the scale...HI)

This is true on many of the CDE and HyGain boxes.  But I've got three CDE
boxes that are of an older design that don't have it.  I have one of the old
brown CDE boxes with the single lever on front and two of the black and
white boxes with the brake and direction control buttons.  None of them have
the reversible scale on them.  I had to make mine out of a copied version
where I wrote in the correct numbers and taped it to the display.  It
actually looks half way decent.

One other thing you may wish to do when going to a south facing center is to
swap the clockwise and counterclockwise control wires.  This way (on the CDE
boxes at least), the antennas move in the direction of the button you push.
I tried it the other way and I got too confused!

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden