Re: South facing Azimuth scale for 5400 rotator control

On 19 Feb 2003, at 17:35, Joe W2KJ wrote:

> Howdy Gang:
>
> Several months back a kindly satellite op sent me a new
> replacement dial scale (with South in the center of the scale)
> for the 5400B rotator control.

I'm in a process to change my burn out TV rotor (To see why go to my web page:  www.qsl.net/ve2dwe)
for my Cornell-Dubilier Electronics CDE T2X rotor and i was stuck with a north center scale (My HF era)
not practical to track AO-40.

I dont know for yaesu but today ( quite a coincidence) i change my center north scale on the never open
old CDE Tailtwister control box (Rotor too never opened) to a center south scale. I was near to ask the
reflector where i can find a south center scale when i look upon my old notice folder full of past stuff
mainly dissapear in some hamfest when i found the Tailtwister instruction manual dating from the
February 1978.

At page 7 section VIII South centered meter scale conversion i read this: WE HAVE PROVIDED THE T2X
WITH A REVERSIBLE METER SCALE and there was an 11 steps instructions to reverse back the meter
scale and beleived what,  25 years after the elusive center south scale was still  there in a superb
condition nobody can tell the difference from one side to the other.(re:color and look of the scale...HI)

I concluded that 25 years ago i was not reading my instructions manuals and i think i never quit this bad
habit...Could be yaesu have theses reversible meter scale...? if not good idea to make it.

Hope this can help some non readers :)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator