SO-50 with HH and Whipe Antenne

Yesterday my first qso on SO-50 with G3LGR
it was easy with my Arrow antenne pointing out the window
from the house
up 5 watt with the kenwood TM-V7  down HH yaesy FT-470
my own downlink was clear sounding also from G3LGR
I could copy the sat almost down the horizon

Today I tried again now only the HH FT-470 5 watt with a whipe antenne
from Diamond  the slim gainer AZ510B 93 cm long (about 3 feet) on it
I was driving just outside the city when SO-50 came up
I stopped and jumped out to setup the Handheld

It was more difficult to copy my own downlink
but after some trying and pointing  I was able to make a qso with G8ATE
thanks Robert for you report
there was another station but I could not copy that

73 Christ pe5yes

--
    Christ van der Weide           e-mail       pe5yes@amsat.org
    Eindhoven  loc JO21sk          packet www   http://pe5yes.ampr.org