FT-847 Hiccups

I got my 847 about 2 years ago new.  Presently I use it mainly for 2
meters, spare HF rig, and as a satellite xcvr.

Recently, while tuning on AO-40, the subband VFO went crazy and started to
jump to different frequencies and changing from LSB to USB.  The the main
VFO soon followed suit.  After I turned the rig off and on again, it
started OK, but then did the same song and dance again.  I use the
Instantrack software with the 1.09 version of Instatune, to compensate for
doppler. When I don't use Instatune, and tune manually, the rig operates
normally.

I wonder if anyone on this list has experienced something similar, and what
was the fix, if any.

73, George

George Liepins, KE4HW
Amateur Radio Operator