Interference on "S" band downlink in UK

h1IEhOI25622
Sender: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org

For the whole of the operational period of AO-40 I've been lucky
enough to have very good "S" band receive conditions from my fairly
rural location near Bedford which is about 80 kilometres north of
London. Then last week I started to get strong wideband interference
which seems to be centred around 2398MHz but spreading right across
the AO40 passband. I took my receive system and patch feed out in the
car but on a first sweep found it quite hard to DF the source,
although it's strong for miles around from any open location. I plan
to set up a small mobile dish to track it down but wondered if anyone
knows whether there are other active non-amateur users of the band in
the Midlands/East Anglia area of the UK.

Chris G4SDG