Re: Seeking Opinions: FT-847

See, Jon and I can agree on something once and a while!!!   :O)

Anyway, save up a couple of hundred extra and get the Inrad filters for the
FT-847.  It turns it from a marginal HF rig to a good one
and all the benefits of the better filters also apply to UHF and VHF where
the filter issue isn't as iportant.

Get the CW filter first, IMHO and then the SSB one.  If you are like me and
couldn't afford both, the CW one is the necessary one.

But if you do this then it becomes a good all around rig.  Not that it isn't
good anyway, but the improvement for $125 is amazing.

I really like my FT-847.  It does exactly what it needs to do and seems more
sensitive than the FT-736's and FT-726's out there.

Fred W0FMS