Seeking Opinions: FT-847

Greetings Operators,
I'm considering selling my three monoband VHF+ rigs in order to purchase a
FT-847. I seek opinions on the 847 in general; how well does it perform on
the birds and as a terrestrial VHF/UHF rig for contesting? I would also
like to hear from ops who have used the 847 "in the field" for satellite
operations, demonstrations, field day, etc.
For reference, the three monobanders are TS-60 (6m), TM-255 (2m) and Yaesu
FT-790R II.
I have a TS-850 for the HF bands, so my primary interest in the 847 is for
the VHF+ bands. I will probably hang a transverter on either the 850 or 847
for 23cm activity.

Thanks,
Robin Midgett KB4IDC
VHF+ Glutton