Re: Re: DSP Noise Reduction on Receive

I'll take a listen.

I now have both the Timewave DSP-599zx and the ClearSpeech.  In terms of
random noise reduction, the ClearSpeech wins hands down.  It's not even
close.  The Timwave is awesome for filtering out audio you don't want to
hear from stations above or below you.

I can try downloading the software you mentioned and seeing how it works.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 2/15/03 6:57 PM, Keith O'Brien at n4zq@hotmail.com wrote:

> There has been a few words exchanged about the benefits of using either the
> Timewave DSP-599zx and /or the ClearSpeech DSP filters for AO-40 receiving.
> I have been using a software DSP filter through the computer speakers and
> wonder how it compares to your hardware versions. Anyone who has one or both
> of the DSP filters care to download the software model and give it a go? The
> BR-universal-Filter  is available for a free download at:
>
> http://www.wh2.tu-dresden.de/~bernd109/amateurfunk/amateur.html
>
> I, and I'm sure others, would be interested in your comparison results..
> Keith N4ZQ

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA