Re: AO-27 progress

on 2/14/03 4:14 PM, John Mock at kd6pag@qsl.net wrote:

> AO-27 has been off-line for some time now, as it is now continuously
> illuminated by the sun and thus its old eclipse-dependent scheduling
> and power management algorithm stopped working.

This is something I don't understand.

AO-27 has always had the funky power schedule for daylight only because it's
an underpowered satellite.  So now that it's in sun for full time, what's
the big deal?  Why not just leave it operational all the time?  It seems
like we are missing a great opportunity hear to let those in the southern
hemisphere experience the bird.

73,

Jon
NA9D