Re: End of a Rover--The final straw

Hi Jerry,

Hope you reconsider after a couple of weeks or so.  We
all have to deal with jerks now and then, and amateur
radio is no different.  I know that last year I
considered getting out of dxing after the VP8THU
dxpedition fiasco.  If you don't know what I am
talking about, before their dxpedition, which they did
with TS50s barefoot and simple antennas (nothing wrong
with that), they sent out a press release stating they
were doing a lightweight dxpedition because DXers have
had it too easy, and this was some form of punishment.
 Excuse me!  I have always run barefoot with simple
low antennas (now using a miniquad) and I don't need
some 9V1 on the honor roll lecturing me about how it
has been too easy for me.  I did not work VP8THU even
though I tried, and still need the South Sandwich
Islands.  Hopefully someone with a better attitude
will go there in the next couple of years.  Guess I
got my deserved punishment.

Anyway, there will always be those who think they
deserve everything-including QSLs, and that it is your
duty to go to a rare grid for them, etc.  Fortunately
they are still a minority, but one that can ruin it
for everyone else.  Look how much whining there has
been recently about QSLs from K1B (I didn't have a
problem, I worked them on CW and RTTY),and the crying
coming out of EU about Ducie last year.

Keep at it.  Some of us really appreciate the efforts
that rovers go through in handing out new grids.  I
think we often forget to acknowledge the good work
that you do.

73s John NE0P

Majordomo@amsat.org