Re: A question about 75 Ohm connectors

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 15:02, Jon Ogden wrote:

> I best most guys using the AIDC converters use RG-59 as well.  Again, I'd
> recommend RG-6 here also.
>
> 73,
>
> Jon
> NA9D
> -------------------------------------
> Jon Ogden
> NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

The AIDC's have a lot of conversion gain, which is why K5GNA sends along
and recommends an attenuator. He states in his install document not to
bother with the impedance mismatch or installing high quality cable,
there's no point because of the excessive IF gain.  So using RG-6 on the
downconverter would most likely achieve the opposite of the desired
result, less loss.

--
Ryan Butler <rbutler@tsss.org>
TSSS.ORG