Re: Source for aluminum dish

DH satellite will sell them direct as well.  If you are in the Upper Midwest
(IA, IL, WI, MN maybe IN, SD) it's almost worth it to call them,
and set up an appointment to go to the factory.  I have picked up "onesies"
left over from commercial production runs cheaper.  (They always make a few
extra on a large run so the customer can reject a couple).

I believe they can UPS ship up to 39"-- above that it's truck shipment or
pickup.

It has been a few years since I did this, so I'd call first.  But they are
friendly and always seem impressed with non television uses of their dishes.
  I think one of the amsat-bb members has a picture of his dish setup that
DH has on its website even.

If you buy them direct, they will usually come painted.  I do not know why
Steve at DEMI buys them unpainted.

Fred W0FMS