Re: Satellite control via Iridium?

Hello Don.

Sorry I really wasnt clear in the response.  What we looked at was using
Iridium (or any of the new comm systems) as a communication mode for LEO
satellites.  Not any one currently in orbit but coming up with a
communications package.  Our "market" if you will was concieved primarily as
commercial payloads on ISS.

Instead of having to "buy" TDRSS time our theory (back in the days when
there were a lot of "commercial" payloads envisioned for ISS) was that we
would sell comm "by the line"...using very "small" antennas etc.

We ran some pretty good computer simulations and figured out how to tackle
the obvious problems.  Our main obstacle of course was that it became clear
pretty quickly that ISS wasnt going to have substantial commercial payloads
and NASA will use TDRSS forever.

Robert Oler WB5MZO

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX