Re: SO 50 Over Europe

on 2/10/03 6:12 AM, Mike Hooles at Mikehooles@btinternet.com wrote:

> 2. Does anybody know of a simple 67Hz generator circuit that can be put in
> the microphone lead so older rigs can use the bird? If so can you put it on
> the web so we can fit out our mobiles and/or older gear,

I believe that you could purchase any of the small CTCSS boards sold for
this purpose.  There are a number of them made.  The smallest is quite small
and is programmed by soldering pads on a PCB.  There's instructions for how
to put it in your rig.  Pretty simple to do.  Most, if not all, the major US
ham dealers sell these.  The cheapest cost about $25.

We here in the US have to use CTCSS on nearly every repeater in major cities
and yes, it has to be there all the time.  I think you folks on the other
side of the pond, just need the burst tone.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden