RE: DSP Noise Reduction on Receive

I have also been observing this thread with interest.  I use a JPS NIR-12
DSP unit with my FT-847 and it does very well on SSB. I have noticed that
when in CW and using the onboard keyer, there is a slight delay between the
keying and the monitored tones. This throws me off so much that I turn the
DSP off when I transmit on CW !

The built in DSP in the '847 is quite poor and it is left off.

Jamie  WB4YDL