Re: linear positioners

Do a search for linear positioners on eBay in the Consumer Electronics
section.  There's a guy that has a satellite shop web page.  Actually I
think it is called www.satelliteshop.net.  Anyhow, he sells these.  Two
models on the website.  One for about $40 and the other for about $70.
Difference is probably for the size of the dish.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 2/9/03 11:33 AM, w7lrd@juno.com at w7lrd@juno.com wrote:

> I am looking for a linear positioner to adjust the elevation of a 1.2M
> dish.  It only has to go from 0 to 30 degrees.  The price of these on the
> research I have done is a bit pricy.  I would appreciate any/all advice
> regarding the use of these devices.  I have never seen or used these
> things before.  I appears to be an efficient and perhaps cost effective
> method of elevation control.  The learning curve never seems to stop!

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC