Re: W2ETI Moon beacon 1296.000MHz

Hi Darren,

You can download an eme-link calculator from the
seti league web site (www.setileague.org) to calculate this.

If I did it right, the W2ETI signal is returned at
around -200dbm0.

Using a 6 foot dish and a .4 dB NF preamp gives around a
-15 dB signal to noise ratio, which you might be able to detect
with a good DSP software package and a long integration time assuming
your system is fairly stable.

However, some of the other stations running a lot more
power would be clearly audible in CW with the same setup.
Take a look at www.geocities.com/df4pv3

73,
Tony AA2TX

---