W2ETI Moon beacon 1296.000MHz

Hi all, sorry if a bit off topic.
Im thinking of getting an L band setup for AO40 but wondered if  could
also receive the W2ETI beacon off the moon on 1296.000MHz. Has anyone
tried this with a modest antenna. Looking here tonight the moon wil be a
50 degress above my horizon and visible to the New Jersey beacon
transmtter.Probably being a bit ambitious. I noticed they only use four
15 turn helix antennas for receive and transmit.
73s
Darren G4VTQ