XM Radio Antennas as Patch Feeds??

Hey guys,

I was thinking about an economical way to get a decent preamp and patch feed
if the time ever comes when I go to a bigger dish.  Since I have XM Radio, I
got to thinking about some stuff.

XM operates at 2332.5 to 2345 MHz.  The LNA on the antennas has a 0.8 dB NF
with about 20 to 24 dB gain.  The satellite portion of the antenna (it has
capabilites for receiving terrestrial repeater signals) is circularly
polarized.

The best thing is that these things cost about $50 and are in a waterproof
housing.

The question is what sort of bandwidth they have.  The Terk web page says
that the bandwidth is 12.5 MHz.  But that's what XM's bandwidth is.  I
wonder what the real capabilities are.  There may be some internal filtering
that will really limit it.  The polarization of the internal patch may be
wrong.  I don't know.

Has anyone messed around with one of these and characterized it up to 2401?
It could be close but no cigar, or it could be an economical feed antenna.
I'm curious.

73,

Jon
NA9D