Re: Great day on AO40

on 2/7/03 9:13 AM, Joe W2KJ at w2kj@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I did notice that while listening for stations around 1930L
> (0030UTC) I lost the bird.   Nada, zilch....the bird just
> dropped of the air and I couldn't hear any stations or the MB.

Joe,

This is the Rudak window.  I believe it started around 00:30 last night.
This schedule is posted on the Amsat-DL page and in the telemetry.

When the control stations are testing Rudak, they turn off everything else.
>From what I've read, for some reason, the Rudak equipment tends to interfere
with everything else.  Plus, it may also be for power budget reasons.  The
Rudak window is 72 minutes long if I am not mistaken.

73,

Jon
NA9D
Jon Ogden