No Subject

    Hi to all,

as a newcomer on AO40, I found a CAL AMP 31732 which I have retuned
for peaking into 2,4GHZ  (AO40 download Freq).

I've used the usual helix for my first test and a 80cm Dish with
G3RUH patch later, but the reiceiving signals was too low, never better
from the noise-level. That in practice is unusable for an SSB QSO,
just for CW I've some opportunity.

  Have anyone here any experiance with that kind of DOWN Converter?
Or the noise-figure of that equipment is in practice too high for
a good hearing of AO40?

  Thanks in advance

   Mak SV1BSX