Re: Great day on AO40

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 09:13, Joe W2KJ wrote:
> Howd Gang:
>

> I did notice that while listening for stations around 1930L
> (0030UTC) I lost the bird.   Nada, zilch....the bird just
> dropped of the air and I couldn't hear any stations or the MB.
>
> Was the bird supposed to shut down during that time frame or
> did something happen to my equipment set-up???
>
> Nova predicted a couple of hours more of operation with good
> squint angles.

Nova probably also listed the MA between 140 and 156.  This is the RUDAK
window, if you would have tuned up another...  400 khz roughly from
where the MB was supposed to be you would have heard the RUDAK A carrier.

You can find the complete schedule in the beacon's telemetry, or on this
page on the web: http://www.amsat-dl.org/journal/adlj-p3d.htm

Its a 72 minute window for rudak, so you should have heard the beacon
again around 2042L or so.

--
Ryan Butler <rbutler@tsss.org>
TSSS.ORG