RE: ZRO and ClearSpeech/DSP stuff

I don't know the exact details of how the ZRO runs, but if it's possible,
to compare how low you can go (sounds like a limbo contest!) without the
DSP, and how low you can do with the DSP.
"They say" that the DSPs can remove 8-10dB worth of noise, but does that
translate into a true 8-10dB improvement in aural S/N?  That's the question
(to me, never having owned a DSP unit)