From: wa6ilt@verizon.net
Sent: 02/06/03 08:28 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Recent debate

> I can not remember when I've seen a more acrimonious thread on amsat-bb
than this one surrounding BBQ grill antennas.  I'm sick of the whole thing and
ready to pull the plug on my plans for AO-40 and maybe amateur satellites
in general.  I tried to winnow out the technical information and ignore the
sniping but that wasn't really possible.

I've got a brand-new BBQ antenna with a K5GNA-modified converter sitting
in the shack that'll proably never go up.  To be fair, I also have a lot of
trees that can't be cut down (nor do I really want to), the bird hasn't
lived up to our hopes, and my wife would be none to happy with a solid one
meter dish.  But this truly nasty exchange has soured me but good.

Dave Reinhart
wa6ilt@amsat.org