Re: receiving system design tradeoffs

Perforated dishes don't help that much on the wind load.

A perforated dish - assuming the expanded metal or drilled/punched holes
are of a size that the dish is still useful at 1296MHz - appears as a solid
at wind speeds over about 40 MPH.

Our minimum wind design speed out here in the flat lands is 80 MPH. The
Yaesu rotors work fine on a pair of cross element yagis. But much over a
BBQ for dish size you need to hide them inside some sort of a wind break or
store them pointed straight up.

Steve