Re: Re: TS-2000X

First of all, let me apologize to you and the rest of the list for getting
hot headed yesterday.  I lose control when someone tries to tell me
something about my system/experience when they have no idea.

The spreadsheet by GM4YRE is what you probably need.  It is excellent and it
will help you see what you need.  Do a google search under the call and it
shows up as the first or second item.

Play with the numbers.

I plan on posting some more detailed analysis of my "basic" setup and
compare it to the numbers you would get with a better dish, etc.  I think
there is too much misinformation being thrown around and I intend to sanely
and rationally prove with math what I was trying to prove yesterday with
emotion.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 2/5/03 12:15 PM, Chris Spacone at cspacone@pacbell.net wrote:

> And maybe somebody could put together a short (and I mean a page or two
> with a few diagrams) document that points out what has been detailed as
> the 'empirically optimal' up and downlink antenna paths. I would be
> willing to translate a simple document into a PDF that I would be quite
> happy to host on my server.
>
> I know I could use it for planning the station I intend to build before
> Field Day. I certainly don't want to be a 'lid' on my first try and
> incur the wrath and venom I see in the last few dozen postings.
>
> And perhaps somebody in the Los Angeles area would be willing to Elmer
> somebody like me, and perhaps others? I know I am getting turned off to
> the whole idea of working sats. The last thing I need is for a hobby to
> become a contentious waste of time.
>
> Gentlemen (and you know who you are), let's all keep a civil tongue in
> our heads lest you risk driving off people like me: interested, somewhat
> technically savvy and willing to try new things. Isn't that what the ARS
> is all about?
>
> 73,
> Chris Spacone, KD6OUB
>
> ** SNIP **