Re: How i try to not be too loud on AO-40

on 2/5/03 5:01 AM, John Wilcox / NS1Z at ns1z@gwi.net wrote:

> Here is something that makes me go hmmmmmm??? On my 3m TVRO dish I find that
> I can change elevation by a much greater amount before I see signal
> degradation than I can with the azimuth. With az movement of ~1-2 degrees
> that beacon is gone. But el seems to tolerate 4-6 degree movement.
>
> Is it possible that my feed is not exactly at focus? It's too cold and there
> is too much snow out there now but I'm always lining up projects for
> spring...

I see the same thing here on my insufficiently adequate BBQ dish.  But I've
figured that it was because the antenna is bigger in the vertical direction
and the pattern would be more skewed that way.

It could be your dish is not totally in focus.

Jon

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA