Re: Transponder

on 2/5/03 6:33 AM, Rosario Orlando at iw9elr@ir9pat.ampr.org wrote:

> Hello friends,
> Could anyone tell me how set transponder function on a Kenwood THD-7 ?
> Or if possible on an ALINCO DJ-580 ?
> Sorry but in the last days i had problems receiving emails. So...
> any help is welcome.

Not sure what you mean.  Do you mean full duplex for working the FM
satellites?  At least on the North American version, there is a button
labeled "DUP" - I forget which one it is, but if memory serves me it is the
button second from the right side on the bottom row.

Press it and you'll be able to listen on one band and talk on another
simultaneously.

Jon

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)