Re: How i try to not be too loud on AO-40

On 5 Feb 2003, at 6:01, John Wilcox / NS1Z wrote:

> Here is something that makes me go hmmmmmm??? On my 3m TVRO dish I find that
> I can change elevation by a much greater amount before I see signal
> degradation than I can with the azimuth. With az movement of ~1-2 degrees
> that beacon is gone. But el seems to tolerate 4-6 degree movement.
>
> Is it possible that my feed is not exactly at focus? It's too cold and there
> is too much snow out there now but I'm always lining up projects for
> spring...

I have a 2.2 meter dish with g3ruh patch feed and i notice the same effect.  As far as  i can remenber it
was also present on my BBQ grill...? When i adjust my TVRO dish i notice the same effect but it was far
less evident.
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator