Re: AO-40 QSO Party Telemetry Data

Lee,
This is excellent data, well presented and easy to follow.

Your comments, "The result is..." is right on the money.  For a few hours on Sunday the transponder was all but unusable to any "legal" stations.  In fact, I attempted to run an AO-40 Beacon + 20 Net, but the + 20 frequency was occupied by one European station running about 3 dB above the beacon and 5 kHz up was another European station holding court at exactly beacon strength.  I attempted to split the difference between them, but my signal was so weak coming back that very few people could hear (or find) me--I was running about 400 W ERPc and was easily at least 20 dB below the beacon!  After just a few check-ins (thanks!), I gave up.  Three hours later, when the satellite was no longer over Europe, later my signal was great.  I am not picking on the European stations, because most of the big guns in NA and SA (some really STRONG stations there also) went to do other things when the European DX window closed.

It was an interesting experience.  I just wish I had found YB0 on the western passes :-(
73,
Jerry, K5OE/G