Re: Still no SO-50 Downunder?

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 08:05 am, jim hertel wrote:
> I have to agree that So- 50 is missing in action, here on the west coast we
> hardly ever hear it. But on the East coast it is on quite a bit so it seams
> to need a control operator in our area too. Might need one on your rock. So
> lets place a add here for the powers to be to send us the info, so that we
> also can turn it on as it comes into field. We have satellite group here in
> San Juaquin Valley that is real interested in working other birds besides
> UO-14. We have a net every friday night and also run a informal on every
> pass over when we have a few around and able to discuss the pass and help
> others on the antennas and procedures, such as not transmitting until you
> hear the bird.

>     Is there any SO - 50 control ops on the west coast?

Yup,  Up here to the north of you.  The only problem is I've been off the
air for a while as I rearrange a few things here.    I should be back on
by this weekend tho.

>     Can there be any one else?
>     Can you have more than one?

Yes, and Yes

I know the plan was to have some more, but I'm not sure whats been happening
on that front recently.  I'll do a little investigating and see what can be done.

Ken,   N7IPB