How i try to not be too loud on AO-40

I developped this unique and ultra scientific way to adjust my ERP to be below the 10 db beacon level Its
not fool proof because LEILA hit me times to times but it help to not be too loud and triggering the AGC.

1- I note the beacon signal
2-I choose a clear spot away from MB
3-I adjust my power to be at 10 DB below the MB signal noted at point 1

I called that the 123 method. You will see if you dont have a good receiving set-up leila will hit you not
because she dont like you but to simply to tell you that if it is the only one way that you can hear your
downlink signal its probably an indication of a lack of receiving capabilities.

I repeat its not an fool proof method squint AGC U or L, traffic over the satellite should also be taken in
account but this method is better than nothing else and its KISS.
Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/