Smaller size patch

Hi AMSATs,

I am upgrading my portable station to be smaller and less heavier than now.
The 13cm patch antenna I have for AO40 is very fragile to carry in a
backpack and besides that I want to have something smaller in size.

As a solution I tought maybe teflon PCB will be a solution.
With teflon instead of air, the epsilon R will be more and the antenna
length smaller. I have no idea if the gain will be infected, and to order
some expensive teflon material for just testing out is a little to expensive
for me.

Maybe someone has experience with this kind of antenna size reducion ?

73 de PE1RAH, William
---