Re: Still no SO-50 Downunder?

I have to agree that So- 50 is missing in action, here on the west coast we hardly ever hear it. But on the East coast it is on quite a bit so it seams to need a control operator in
our area too. Might need one on your rock. So lets place a add here for the powers to be to send us the info, so that we also can turn it on as it comes into field. We have satellite
group here in San Juaquin Valley that is real interested in working other birds besides UO-14.
    We have a net every friday night and also run a informal on every pass over when we have a few around and able to discuss the pass and help others on the antennas and procedures,
such as not transmitting until you hear the bird.
    Is there any SO - 50 control ops on the west coast?
    Can there be any one else?
    Can you have more than one?
    If you need another control op please e-mail back I am sure we can find some one that would or could qualify.
    Jim Hertel, N6KMR