Re: was TS-2000X, now AO-40 lids

Instead off using the RST system of reporting your contact's signal strength
on AO-40, why not use a different system which includes the Beacon as the
reference?

"you are two S-units under the beacon OM"

"about 10 dB above the beacon Bob"

"you and the beacon are neck and neck"

"your signal is in the mud"

I have too many oak trees to deal with to put up my dish, but maybe I will
get that BBQ dish mobile in the Summer.  But if I am told I am louder than
the Beacon, I can lower my power and operate essentially "simplex."  Other
then finding myself in the band why do I have to hear me?

Roger
WA1KAT