Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 00:18:48 -0900
From: "Edward R. Cole" <al7eb@ptialaska.net>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: TS-2000X

At 10:50 PM 2/3/2003 -0800, kevin schuchmann wrote:
>Not guilty??...give me a break... you dont need a 14 foot dish to uplink
to AO40 on L band, if you use one fine... if your beacon
>level turn it down, cant go any lower? then DUH guess you shouldnt be
using a 14 foot dish on uplink and yes you are guilty.....
>ever hear of a attenuator???
>
>and from what I have seen both sides are guilty...  so I wouldnt go finger
pointing .....

>the root problem here is most cant HEAR squat.... which is obvious by
people calling cq on top of the beacon on top of other qso's
>man I wish I had a dime for every time I have heard two beacon class
stations asking each other to repeat something cause they cant
>HEAR...
>
>Kevin
>WA6FWF

Scott F. Migaldi, K9PO & JN3XCV
IDCS-150972
PP-ASEL
**"A long time ago being crazy meant something, nowadays everyone is
crazy" -- Charles Manson**