From: Jon Ogden [mailto:na9d-2@speakeasy.net]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 11:36 PM
To: Reicher, James; Amsat BB
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: TS-2000X

on 2/3/03 4:10 PM, Reicher, James at JReicher@hrblock.com wrote:

> Ah HA!!!  One of the guilty L banders speaks!
>
> 73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO

It's amazing how quickly people rush to call the L-banders "guilty."

I worked W0LMD a few nights ago.  He has a 14 foot dish he uses on the
uplink.  He was as loud as the beacon.  He was only using about a quarter
watt.  If one has a good uplink antenna and is running the minimum power
they can, they should not be called "guilty."

The facts are, IMHO, that from the little I've seen of AO-40 that the L band
receiver is much better in performance than the U band receiver.
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC