Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-40 SUCCESS!!
From: Jon Ogden <na9d-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 15:57:30 -0600

Hey gang,

Success today on AO-40.  Not only can I copy the beacon at S8 or so, but I
made a couple of QSOs.  Haven't been this excited since I worked my first
RS-13 QSO.

I reported a couple of weeks ago that I couldn't copy the beacon.  Well, I
had a solder short in my AIDC down converter on the Murata filter board.
With that fixed, things work great.  I also got a new rotor, a Ham-M, that
replaced the AR-22.  Works much better now!

Good to be back on the air after nearly a year....Good to be on AO-40 for
the first time ever.  Thanks to N0YK for the first QSO.

73,

Jon
NA9D