Re: Re: TS-2000X

At 10:50 PM 2/3/2003 -0800, kevin schuchmann wrote:
>Not guilty??...give me a break... you dont need a 14 foot dish to uplink
to AO40 on L band, if you use one fine... if your beacon
>level turn it down, cant go any lower? then DUH guess you shouldnt be
using a 14 foot dish on uplink and yes you are guilty.....
>ever hear of a attenuator???
>
>and from what I have seen both sides are guilty...  so I wouldnt go finger
pointing .....

>the root problem here is most cant HEAR squat.... which is obvious by
people calling cq on top of the beacon on top of other qso's
>man I wish I had a dime for every time I have heard two beacon class
stations asking each other to repeat something cause they cant
>HEAR...
>
>Kevin
>WA6FWF

Kevin,

That is very true!  I was on breifly Sunday and received the beacon at
S-5.5, heard a couple stations at 2401.340 running S-4....very loud.  My
UHF uplink was S-1.0 not loud but clear.  My noise floor was S-0.5  Since I
was so "weak" I did not attempt a QSO, though I could clearly hear my ssb
signal.

I will get my 50w PA back up to the antenna so I can produce S-4 signals,
then back it down to S-3!

Ed - AL7EB
FT-847, MKU-232A2, unmod Drake, 33-inch dish with helix feed.