Re: clearspeach

on 1/31/03 5:57 AM, Don Blachura at hair@adelphia.net wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies. I tried all the methods. Have a bad one.
> I called the Am-Com, and they said its a new board. And the neg has to be
> connected to the chasse ground. Did all that and no luck. So will send it
> back. Thanks for all ...

That just doesn't make sense that they want the case connected to chassis
ground!  As far as DC is concerned, ground is pretty much ground!  It
shouldn't matter that it's connected to the negative line of the power
supply as long as that negative line is connected to ground.  If your rig is
connected to ground, then all is connected.

The only reason that I can think that you might want to connect it to the
rig chassis is for eliminating a possible ground loop?

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden