Re: Elevation-dependent Interference

 "Greg D." writes:

> I've been having trouble with desense on AO-40.  Transmit
> on 70cm, and the 2.4 ghz noise floor rises so far I can't
> hear anything else.
>
> After some experimenting, I find that as the Elevation
> heads towards the horizon, the desense problem rises.

Hmmmm. One check would be to see if its azimuth-dependent too. I'm thinking
about non-linear junctions (aka rusty nail syndrome) producing weird effects
(e.g. corroded local metalwork, towers, gutters etc). Find the best beam
heading then go hit the metal joints it points at.

Others will doubtless add their percieved wisdom.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188

          The floggings will continue until morale improves