Re: frequency display in satellite tracking software

Just wanted to let the group know that I'm making excellent
progress on "Mark II" of my original tracking box. This one
relies upon NOVA and it's DDE interface, to point Yaesu
antennas and tune my FT-847. It uses a single serial port
from the laptop/workstation, with the control box itself
having a second serial port for the radio. I'm thinking a
special interface UP/DOWN commands from AO40rcv might also
be possible.

Currently, it's controlling my Yaesu 5400B, tuning the 847
receive to follow the AO-40 beacon, and I have full doppler
tuning almost completed.

The box runs JAVA using the Javelin Stamp microprocessor.
The workstation program is done  in Visual Basic, though
down the road I'm planning to go to JAVA on that as well so
our Linux friends could use it.

The hardware uses the Javelin stamp, 4N33s to control the
rotators, a 12-bit A-D converter, and a Max233. No display
this time -- that's all on the workstation.

It's been a fun project. I'll keep you informed of my
progress as time goes on.

73,
Art N3OY

--