RE: Dish stacking

Luc,

Both the VLA and the VSA (www.setileague.com) using extensive phasing and
combining networks (translate as expensive).  If all you are interested in
is increasing gain, you are far better off just finding a single bigger
dish.  I know that hams often stack arrays of yagis at VHF and UHF, but
2.4G this gets tricky and requires some good test equipment to get right.
Both VLA and VSA are doing aperature synthesis and interferomtery for
purposes of producing very high angular resolution (not specifically for
increasing total power gain).

Ed - AL7EB
Alaska Vol coord. SETI-League